Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae GW Question

tag
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Sallie Mae GW Question

Hi there,

I sent Sallie Mae a GW letter a few weeks ago asking if they could remove my lates.  In checking my report I notice that quite a few of the lates from Sallie Mae are gone leaving most of my acconts clean with the exception of 2 90 late payments for a few accounts.  Some other Sallie Mae accounts haven't been touched at all.  My one open accout hasn't been touched at all.  Does anyone know if this is the way Sallie Mae handles GW requests?  To do some, but not all?  I didn't get any bump in score, though. 

Thanks,

Almost_there
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae GW Question

they usually deny GW requests.
Message 2 of 7
almost_there
Regular Contributor

hmm, then maybe these dropped off naturally?  I guess I better count my blessings even though there was no score bump...
Message 3 of 7
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Okay, Sallie Mae situation just got wierder.  I just got home and am opening my mail.  I have a letter from Sallie Mae asking me to send them a copy of my credit report, and that once they receive that, they'll contact me with an answer to my request in 7-10 days.  Is this odd?  Has anyone ever gotten a request like this before?  Are they trying to see what else is on my credit report before making a decision?  I'm confused.  Advice?  Should I send my credit reports?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is odd, I've had sallie mae pull my credit report before for a home loan. So why would they need you to send it to them?
Message 5 of 7
almost_there
Regular Contributor

exactly.  they should be able to pull my credit on their own, right?  especially as I do have two open accounts with them. if they're worried about a hard pull, they could just do an account review, no?  my corporate card does quarterly account reviews it seems with no problem, and that card isn't even reported to my credit reports.  oh boy, another phone call to make tomorrow.  if they weren't open to deleting the negative information they would hve just sent a no letter, as it seems they do often.  i just don't want to make the wrong move. if they're open to deleting the negative information, i want to keep them open. 
Message 6 of 7
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Well, the short explanation is that whatever customer service representative received my letter didn't read it.  Whoever received the letter thought I was saying there was an error on my report, not that I was asking for GW consideration.  I'm going to send my credit report in anyway, and maybe another clueless customer service representative will go ahead and remove what's left on my report.  I guess those other lates did indeed fall off naturally and I should be thankful for that.  The third customer service representative I spoke to and I actually got to talking about the whole GW thing and she had never heard of it.  I turned her onto myfico.com as she said she would love to get some lates removed from her mortgage and figure out what to do about a repossession on her report.  Maybe that was the purpose of the Sallie Mae wierdness all along--for me to spread the word! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.