Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae GW

I'd like to know if anyone has ever had success with GW letters to Sallie Mae. I have two SLs on my CR that are baddies - lots of 90+ day lates, some 120+ days late... the DOLA is Aug. 2010 (when the loan came out of rehab and was purchased).

I successfully rehabbed, my loan was purchased, and I continue to make all my payments on time. Beginning with the rehab, I've been making ontime payments every month sonce October, 2009.

I want to know if there is anyway I can sweet-talk Sallie Mae into deleting the late payment history, now that I have turned things around.

Probably wishful thinking, I know......

What can anyone out there tell me aboutr their personal experiences?

Thanks,

Mark

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae GW

Sallie Mae is hard at accepting GWs. Why were you late? That will determine if they are willing to accept your GW. I am one of the very few and lucky persons to have a successful GW with them; but I had a serious mitigating circumstance surrounding my lates.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, my lates were due to being in a physically and emotionally abusive relationship with a spouse who stole money from every aspect of our family's life to support her own lifestyle and addictive habits. This casued me and my children to often go hungry, caused my daughter to be molested by one of my ex-wife's drug dealers, and always left us with so little money that I could not meet my obligations. Since ending that relationship, all aspects of my life have turned around: we live in a beautiful home in rural America that we desperately want to buy, we have money in the bank, I meet all my financial obligations, don't worry about where our next meal is coming from, and my kids are healing.

Would you be willing to share with me the name and address that you sent your GW to? With my situation, I really will need to talk to someone who could show some compassion, the "human element," if you know what I mean.

You can message me privately if you want.

Thanks,

Mark

Yes, husbands can be victims of abuse and domestic violence too. Smiley Sad

I've been told I need to write a book about this experience. Maybe someday.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that you had a rough past. However, I am glad to hear that things are going great for you and your children. I will PM you the info and hopefully it will get to someone who is very sympathetic and will give you a break. But I can tell you this, if you did not make any efforts to pay them or inform them of your situation when your loans were going tanking...then they may not have a chance on the GW. But it's always worth a try.

I'll PM you shortly.

Message 4 of 6
wynter1126
Established Member

Hello, Would you be able to pm me the contact info to sallie Mae for a gw letter? I actually applied for unemployment deferment and they receive the documents the 29th however it was sent to a agency on the 23rd. I thought everything was ok until I received a letter telling me it wasn't. Then after that I had surgery so I was not in a position to take care of the situation. Any information will help. Thanks, Wynter

Starting Score: 450
Current Score: 600
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
HopefulGardner
New Contributor

Can you PM me the contact info as well? I am trying to send a GW letter to Sallie Mae but have no idea where to send or who to contact.

Starting Score: FICO Lender 7/2012: EQ 598 TU 643 EX 640
Current Score: MyFico 04/14/13 EQ 684 TU 650
01/13/13 Lender EX 677
Goal Score:700's All Bureaus

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.