Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Good Will - Fail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae Good Will - Fail

Help! I have petitioned several times to Sallie Mae advocacy, there CEO (who didn't answer my emails) and the FA ombudsman and all are saying no. I just want to have late payments removed from when I was not aware that some of my loans were out of deferment. What can I do next?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Good Will - Fail

Welcome to the forums!  Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, all you can do is keep trying.  They're really not required to remove the lates.

Message 2 of 3
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Good Will - Fail

@Anonymous wrote:

Help! I have petitioned several times to Sallie Mae advocacy, there CEO (who didn't answer my emails) and the FA ombudsman and all are saying no. I just want to have late payments removed from when I was not aware that some of my loans were out of deferment. What can I do next?

If ANYONE has had success with this, I'd love to hear from them.  I had the same situation.  I had 3 loans and somehow 2 of them came out of deferment.  I had moved and not updated my mailing address so I didnt catch wind of them until they hit 120 days late and were calling me.  This happened in 2009 so they are definitely holding me back from my mid 700s+ scores.  I mailed them letter after letter a few years ago and I got nowhere fast.  

They are down to less than $1000 each now and have been current since the day I found out about the lates.  But I would LOVE to get rid of these flags!  They are really holding down my score.

How do I figure?  Well I just had a Capital One account that went late to 120 days in 2006 finally fall off my report last month.  My score shot up over 20 points when it fell.

anyone???

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.