Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Misreporting

tag
sljones3
Established Member

Re: Sallie Mae Misreporting

Okay, I checked at home. It's only $18,000 actually through Sallie Mae. Of that $2250 is unsubsidized and the rest is subsidized. When I was getting the loans to start with I was in college (round 1) and apparently my parents who cosigned for the loans with me paid on the interest to keep it from being too ridiculous for me in the end. I've been keeping to the approximate minimum on the subsidized part and making bigger payments on the unsubsizidized one to get it gone quicker. It has about a 6 or 7% higher interest rate than the other anyway.

The loans I have through the Department of Education (approx $16,000) are deferred and being treated as such. I haven't paid much on the interest for those loans but in the past few months have gone back to making smaller payments on them (anywhere from $15-75). I figure since I'm expecting to take out another $16,000 ish or so to get my degree in Business, anything I pay back now will make it all around less painful in the future! And if I'm remembering correctly, I think all are federal except the $2250 unsubsidized part (I was having issues getting the forms filled out in a hurry and that was the way I had to go). I haven't had any issues with that part so far; just the questionable deferrment on the original Sallie Mae loans that I have.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.