Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Reporting 10 Delinquencies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae Reporting 10 Delinquencies

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with some insight into 10 dings on my credit report. According to Experian, Sallie Mae is reporting 10 seperate 180 day lates for the same student loan.  I've tried to dispute this and call Sallie Mae but I can't get any information from them.

What I don't understand is why Sallie Mae is reporting 10 items and not 1.  (At the time I was in deferment, but SM is proving to be a challenge on this item as well.)

Any insights into why there would be 10 seperate dings?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Reporting 10 Delinquencies

sallie mae tends to report each disbursement of your student loans funds as a separate loan.  so every semester when you get a new student loan, it shows up on your credit reports as a new account, even if they are all on the same master promissory note..  if you are late with your one monthly payment that gets divided up among your separate disbursements/loans, you end up with multiple lates showing on your reports.  this is a very common problem that people often come here with, so you are not alone Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.