gcb730

Sallie Mae Retroactive Forbearance

I recently applied  (less than 2 days ago) online for voluntary forbearance on a PLUS loan that was getting ready to default.  The loan was listed multple 180+ late on the CRAs.  I havent received a response from Sallie Mae, but I just logged on to check the status.  Much to my suprise, the loan is showing in Vol Forbearance status with a start date of 6/25/2012, $0 past due and a payment due of approximately $20 for fees on 7/25/2013.  

The forbearance agreement from Sallie Mae was posted online with the begin/end dates of the forbearance 6/25/2012 to 6/24/2013.

Has anyone else had the experience of requesting a forbearance and having it applied retroactively w/o requesting it?  Also, does this mean the delinquecies reported to the CRAs will or can be removed?  

Needles to say, I am very pleased to be in a current status and I will be able to begin payments on the 7/25/2013 date for the scheduled payment amount.  

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}