cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae & Nelnet TL's falling off reports!!

tag
A-NONYMOUS
Established Member

Sallie Mae & Nelnet TL's falling off reports!!

Sallie Mae was reporting twice on my reports. 1 tradeline was under Sallie Mae and the other under the Guarantor. Same thing with Nelnet. I paid those loans off early last year but nither lender would remove from my reports until 7 years were up. I also had a few other baddies on my reports which I have since resolved. A couple months ago, the Guarantors started removing there tradelines.

Fast Forward, Today we reached 7 years and the Sallie Mae and Nelnet tradelines have begun to fall off. Actually, my TU and EX are now completely clean and those scores jumped 75-85 points. Equifax still has the Sallie Mae tradeline which should be gone soon.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
TheFate
Established Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae & Nelnet TL's falling off reports!!

Congrats! I know that was a long awaited journey... I sense an App spree coming soon!

Message 2 of 11
A-NONYMOUS
Established Member

@TheFate wrote:

Congrats! I know that was a long awaited journey... I sense an App spree coming soon!

Thanks

Message 3 of 11
jd352
Regular Contributor

Very nice news! I hate that creditors refuse to remove baddies when you make good on a mistake. I understand the responsibility aspect, but 7 years is a long time considering how long we live.

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 4 of 11
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  Long time to wait though.. I know your pain and I know several others must as well, Nelnet and Fed loan REFUSE to even touch any baddies.  Why should early life mistakes effect us during 7 of our most important years... it just blows my mind all together that they won't budge at all, not even a few months early..

Message 5 of 11
DraconTesla

So if they wont remove them from the report what is the advantage of paying the loan thats in default at all? If you dont pay will it fall off the report in 7 years?

Message 6 of 11
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

@DraconTesla wrote:

So if they wont remove them from the report what is the advantage of paying the loan thats in default at all? If you dont pay will it fall off the report in 7 years?

Wage garnishment? I'm curious to that as well thou if you just avoid the collections and somehow avoid garnishment and taxes, what happens after seven years,, I'd assume eventually they would just take your tax refund if any but I'm curious...

Message 7 of 11
A-NONYMOUS
Established Member

Cookie2120987 wrote:

DraconTesla wrote:

Wage garnishment? I'm curious to that as well thou if you just avoid the collections and somehow avoid garnishment and taxes, what happens after seven years,, I'd assume eventually they would just take your tax refund if any but I'm curious...

They place you in the Federal Tax Offset Program and any reunds your due will go straight to the lender/guarantor first. If anything is leftover, you recieve the rest.

Message 8 of 11
A-NONYMOUS
Established Member

I no longer have any baddies on any of my Credit Reports Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
ChargeItPlease
Regular Contributor

Congrats. That must be a wonderful feeling.

Starting Score: 400s (2011) Current: EQ 655 (01-2014) Goal: 700 Last app: 01-01-14. No apps 'til 12-2014!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.