Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae contact info?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae contact info?

I've read that *some* people have had GW success so I thought I would try too. 

In 06 I went 90 days late with Sallie Mae. I had SEVEN unconsolidated loans at the time. I can't even remember why I didn't pay them. Regardless, I then consolidated them and paid them off in full 2009. My credit reports show all seven loans with a 90 day late and one paid as agreed (the consolidated one). I've been told that is what is bringing my score down significantly. Everything else on my credit is good except for a recent medical baddie that I'm negotiating with the CA right now on, That one looks like it will end well.

I'm lean on the *good* credit side as I have always paid cash for everything except for my house which is now hurting me as I don't have enough good to outweigh the seven ugly Sallie Mae blemishes. I have two credit cards with less than %9 on them that have been opened for two years. Other than that, all I have is my mortgage. 

I'm hoping if I can GW the Sallie Mae's my score will go up.

Who has the magic address or phone number to start my quest? It's frustrating that *one* loan broken up over seven semesters gets to report seven bads! Grrr. 

Thanks for your time,

Jeni 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae contact info?

Hi jeni,

I'm not an expert, but I looked back thru all  your post and I think what is hurting your CS is the collections on your CR.

FICO dings your CS because of the fact the collection is on your CR,FICO doesnt  account for whether its paid or unpaid.

I've been denied credit for loans and for CC's just for the fact that a collection was on my CR.Smiley Sad  

They said paid or unpaid didnt matter.But on a positive note, collections hurt less and less over time.

The lates on your SL's are 4 or 5 yrs old, I dont think that is whats hurting your CS,but I'm only guessing.

What are your FICO scores? How many collections/CA's do you have on your CR's? Are they all paid and listed as paid?

Do you know the drop off dates from your CR? OR the DoDF of the OC accounts?     ......sorry for all the questions.

I too want heat/ac I've been waiting 24yrs to get it .LOL No kidding, but thats my fault always something more important to get.Well all the kids are gone, the last one DD just graduate college this year. It's just me and the DH now with the four-legged kids.

I would suggest contacting your local electric company and see if they have a program of getting the heat/AC.

I live in East TN and we have one I'm looking in to.The loan is thru TVA at 10% over 10yrs,you pay it with your monthly electric bill.They do check your CR and your electric bill had to be paid on time for the last 12mos.

Look forward to talking with you again soon,Smiley Wink Glad you found us, maybe others will chime in soon.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lightnin,

In trying to be brief, I ended up leaving out some things. The first time I ever posted to this site, I wrote all of my history out and I never got any responses so I figured if I was brief (and people didn't have to read a novel), they would be more inclined to comment.

I paid cash for my heat and air two weeks ago. Like I had said previously, I make decent money and my debt to income ratio is incredibly low. My journey with trying to get a loan for the HVAC system is what prompted me to try and clean all this up but I have been told for years (when my ex fiance and I bought the  house 2.5 years ago and again this past winter when I had to refinance as my ex fiance walked away from everything) even BEFORE the new medical went on my report that these Sallie Mae collections were all viewed as seperate incidents rather than one loan as they were not consolidated and were negatively impacting my scores. I still have a hard time believe it as you're right, it's is more than four years ago but with my lack of GOOD credit to outweigh these blemishes, I can't see any other reason why my scores have been so low for years (they have always hovered in the low 600's).

I hope this helps. 

I am pretty sure that my new medical collections will come off shortly as I have the entire paper trail documented from the day that I walked in the Urgent Care and that it was a huge breakdown on several levels by the hospital itself. 

What are your FICO scores? EQ is 658 

How many collections/CA's do you have on your CR's?

Just one recent collections.- listed 12/09 $111 PAID

Three scheduled to drop off next fall (could these be hurting?) I could pay the smaller two but don't see the need if they aren't hurting much anymore. The responsible party (injury sustained while employed by an AKC hunting dog club to provide judging off horseback when horse had an accident with me on it and their liability insurance failed to pay)

• 09/04 - medical debt $170 UNPAID
  • 09/04 - medical debt $389 UNPAID
  • 09/04 - medical debt $4211 UNPAID

Are they all paid and listed as paid? (see above)

Do you know the drop off dates from your CR? OR the DoDF of the OC accounts?     ......sorry for all the questions. The dates listed are the drop off dates.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jeni

Message 3 of 11
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Sallie Mae is not easy to deal with, but I did have some success after numerous attempts and finally cleared everything up several weeks back. If you PM me I can offer some information that may help you, but patience and persistence is what worked. 

Good Luck

EDITED: To respond to the CA's.

I always hear that the collections and judgements hurt less as time goes on, which may be true in some crazy formulation, but IME I never noticed any real change until they were removed from reports. Even harder to see any change when you have more then 1 collection listed on your reports. When I had the last collection paid and removed my score jumped 98 points TU and 102 points EQ, while the 2 other medical collections when removed earlier only showed an increase of 4 points and 11 points. I did not see any change in my scores the 6 years they were on my reports except when my UTIL changed.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 11
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Your recent collection is what I think, is hurting your CS.Recent collections can hurt a score by 80-90pts.

I would send GW letter to the recent CA.

Maybe others will jump in soon.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent GW to the medical collections yesterday including the proof of all the times I attempted to call the hospital, the messages I left, the dates and times and who I spoke with. Hopefully, this will come off soon but  I really don't think this is the reason why my score is so low (658 EQ) as it has hovered here since before the recent medical collection hit this year. My score has hovered in the 620 - 650 range for more than 2 years. I know this because I bought my house via FHA in 08 and then did a streamline refi (significant other walked away) Jan 2010 and the mortgage agents told me at those times. I keep hearing them tell me that my one student loan that appears as seven different loans is what is hurting me.

Let's cross our fingers and thanks for the support!

Message 6 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I keep hearing them tell me that my one student loan that appears as seven different loans is what is hurting me.

i doubt that.  it's more positive accounts on your reports, which can only help you the longer they are open.  installment accounts do not have as much of an impact on your score as revolving accounts do.  if what they told you was correct, a lot more people would have super crummy scores, including me.  people have a lot of student loan debt nowadays.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i doubt that.  it's more positive accounts on your reports, which can only help you the longer they are open.  installment accounts do not have as much of an impact on your score as revolving accounts do.  if what they told you was correct, a lot more people would have super crummy scores, including me.  people have a lot of student loan debt nowadays.

You must have misunderstood. My seven student loans all report a 90 day late from four years ago. Other than those loans, I had no other tradelines at the time. I was a cash only type of person. Seven negatives and NO positives brought my score way down. I consolidated my loans afterwards and have now paid them off in full. A mere 12 years early. 

Message 8 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You must have misunderstood. My seven student loans all report a 90 day late from four years ago. Other than those loans, I had no other tradelines at the time. I was a cash only type of person. Seven negatives and NO positives brought my score way down. I consolidated my loans afterwards and have now paid them off in full. A mere 12 years early. 

you're so right, my mistake!  sorry about that.  when you said consolidated, my mind translated that into rehabbed, so i was thinking the lates were deleted for some reason........idk, that doesn't make sense either now that i think about it!  LOL

yes, 90-day lates are considered major baddies, so that is definitely keeping your score down.  unfortunately, major baddies tend to hurt you for the entire time they are on your reports; they don't really get better with time.

sorry for the misunderstanding!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to locate all of their contact info tonight to consolidate my loan. Here you go:

Toll free: (888) 2-SALLIE (888-272-5543)
Local: (317) 570-7397.

Business hours Mon–Thurs 8a-9p eastern time; Fri 8a-8p.

Fax: (800) 848-1949. Please include a cover sheet with your name and account number.

Mail loan payments to:

Sallie Mae, Inc.
P.O. Box 9532
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773-9532

Cosigners: Please send your payments to:

Sallie Mae, Inc.
P.O. Box 9555
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773-9555

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.