cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae - how long do late payments show up on CR?

tag
sheshoots

Sallie Mae - how long do late payments show up on CR?

I have three student loans with Sallie Mae.

All three show a 90 day late payment from January 2007. So far, all GW attempts have been unsuccessful. How long do these late payments stay on my credit report?

I've recently been denied credit an the reason provided was "serious delinquency" and "number of accounts with delinquencies". These three loans are the only accounts with any delinquencies that I have and I just want them gone already. Smiley Sad

Anyone know when these will fall off?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae - how long do late payments show up on CR?

7 years, same as any other late payment Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 3
dujaidecor
Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae - how long do late payments show up on CR?

I have 7 taglines showing on my credit report for Sallie Mae  from 2005. I have a 30 day late payment showing for the month when my loans were transferred to another lender( which I am disputing) and asking for removal of account because they are more than 7years old

I am waiting a response from them. I also sent a dispute to the credit buearus to have them removed. Its showing 7 accounts with at least one late payment. I am hoping once they remove these my score will increase.

I want to buy a home in 2013.

Starting Score: TU488 EQ483 6/4/12
Current Score: TU 662 EQ 670 EXP ??
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.