Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae late payment removals and forbearance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae late payment removals and forbearance

Hi, 

I've read extensively that Sallie Mae does not remove late payments from credit reports as a measure of goodwill but recently read that if forbearance was backdated when it was applied, they may remove the derogatory mark.  Has anyone been in this position and either had success or been turned down?  

Please let me know. 

Thanks, 

SmithD

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ama0301
Established Member

Re: Sallie Mae late payment removals and forbearance

I am dealing with Sallie Mae myself. Today I faxed a letter explaining the lates and a letter from my school showing the dates of attendance. I have to call back in 7 days to see what is the outcome. I will post the results.

Message 2 of 6
Simply827
Established Contributor

According to their website they said they won't remove the lates even if given a retroactive forbearance. Good luck in your case.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 3 of 6
Mavsman

I emailed the CEO of Sallie Mae to see if I can get late payments removed..keep you posted.
Message 4 of 6
annette_b
Established Member

Mavsman any luck on getting those late payments removed? And if you could also PM me the CEO of Sallie Mae's email.  I am trying to clean up my credit to purchase a home within the year.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would luv to know. I have a 90 day late on my report and cannot get removed. Trying to buy a home...I would appreciate any advice. I did forbearance and special consoled loan and set up debit pymts. Thought it would take off delinquincy but just did past due. Crazy.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.