cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae late payments on my credit reports....

tag
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

Sallie Mae late payments on my credit reports....

Since this is my first post,i first want to say hello to everyone and say that i'm glad to now be a member of this great community Smiley Happy

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated....

I have had a student loan through sallie mae since 2007 and i'm still paying on it now..Now over the years credit wasn't really the most important thing in mind and i haven't kept proof of everything i have payed on the loan either..Now i know there has been a few times i was late but i know there was other times over the years i would send a payment and they was say i was late or never recieved a payment and at times i would call and get it worked out but again i don't have proof of those or recall the dates and i'm wondering if some of those went to my report as being late..Now as of the last year and so is when i started really seeing i need some credit and have started worrying more about it..its actually the most important thing to me right now because i hope to one day buy my on place and get out under paying rent the rest of my life...I really regret that I wasn't more worried about it while i was younger :(

Anyways while i'm currently working on getting up to date reports I have been looking at last years trying to have a better understanding of it..Looking over my payment history to salliemae there is pretty bad late payments on there from 90 to 180 days late..What i don't understand is how my account reports as good one month to 90 days late the next and back to good the next and there is no 30 or 60 day late payments at all showing on there..its just all 90 to 180 days late..Another thing i don't understand is from july 2010 to july 2011 it doesn't show all of the actual amounts paid and then  august 2011 to june 2012 there isn't any data showing the date of payment was recieved or the actual amount paid...This might be a lot to ask for but was hoping someone that may know more about school loans and how they report can help me see if there any visible errors that can be spotted without proof of payments ? Below is my payment history up to 2012

kb5b1j.jpg

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae late payments on my credit reports....

friendly bump

Message 2 of 6
bahbahd
Established Contributor

No need to bump. Your post was still in the top few in here. SL forum is not near as active as CC or Rebuilding. As such, it will take longer for someone with advice or experience with your situation to reply to your post.

Personally I think you might need to accept your Sallie Mae payment history as-is unless you can find lots of proof that it is incorrect. I would focus on other rebuilding or credit building opportunities which will prove more fruitful than fighting the big, nasty, unforgiving beast that is Sallie Mae.

Message 3 of 6
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

bahbahd thanks for the advice...Sorry for being a such a newbie lol..After reading on sallimae I understand what your saying..I read that they are tough as nails when it comes to getting them to forgive you and remove negatives..I'm for sure going to adventure into other things that will help my credit but still try and tackle every negative mark that i can..May not do a whole lot of good when it comes to salliemae but I'll know i tried and not be wondering as much about it as i am now lol....Anyways I truly thank you for your advice.

Message 4 of 6
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Edit: Nevermind. Answered my own question.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 5 of 6
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@workingprogress wrote:

bahbahd thanks for the advice...Sorry for being a such a newbie lol..After reading on sallimae I understand what your saying..I read that they are tough as nails when it comes to getting them to forgive you and remove negatives..I'm for sure going to adventure into other things that will help my credit but still try and tackle every negative mark that i can..May not do a whole lot of good when it comes to salliemae but I'll know i tried and not be wondering as much about it as i am now lol....Anyways I truly thank you for your advice.

By all means send them a GW letter to every address you can find for them every day of the week if you want. They deserve it. I have extremely low opinions of both Sallie Mae and Nelnet both. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.