cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae lates question .... Need input! HELP!

tag
CC40
Regular Contributor

Sallie Mae lates question .... Need input! HELP!

I have a 90 day late I am trying to have removed from Sallie Mae.  I have sent a GW letter to the Customer Advocate office, but from the majority of post there isn't much hope.  I do know that there are some successes but overall it is gloomy.  So, I am preparing an action plan for a "no."  I will continue to keep trying, but I need a plan of action to feel better.  It is how I cope. Anyway, if I dispute with the credit bureau - how can Sallie Mae verify/validate the 90 day late if the forebearance/defferment is retroactive when the account was brought current?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae lates question .... Need input! HELP!

From the few experiences I have read on here, it seems that the retroactive forebearance is mostly to cover the late fees, interest, etc.  It doesn't seem like it always results in getting the late payments removed from your credit reports.  I know, it doesn't make sense to me either, but that seems to be what a few people have reported.

Message 2 of 3
CC40
Regular Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae lates question .... Need input! HELP!

BUMP!  Anybody?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.