Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae lists 90 day late while in forebearance - TU Only

tag
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

Sallie Mae lists 90 day late while in forebearance - TU Only

Started credit rebuilding last month and pulled all three CR's. 

TU lists a Sallie Mae 90 day late in August of 2007.  HOWEVER, all of my SM accounts were consolidated and put into forebearance in February 2007.  TU is the only one of the three CRA's that lists this late.  The SM tradeline for the consolidated loan is really messed up in that it mainly lists either (X) or (ND) for the majority of months while both EQ and EX list the tradelines correctly as (OK- Paying as agreed).

I disputed the Aug 2007 90 day late with TU and received a letter today that shows the investigation as complete and the 90 day is still on there.

What should be my next step?? Is there a certain division of Sallie Mae that handles these issues??

Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae lists 90 day late while in forebearance - TU Only

Good Luck!

https://www.salliemae.com/about/leaders/advocate/default.aspx

Office of the Customer Advocate

Your concerns are very important to us. You will be contacted by a Customer Advocate representative within 72 business hours of the receipt of your inquiry. A response to your issue will be provided as soon as possible and often depends on the level of research required. When submitting an inquiry, please provide your name, account number, and/or address and telephone number.

Please send your inquiry by email to advocate@salliemae.com or call us toll-free at (888) 545-4199.

Standard mail may be sent to:

Office of the Customer Advocate 
P. O. Box 4200 
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773-4200

Message 2 of 4
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Tried calling the phone number, was on hold for five minuted then sent to voicemail.  Instead of leaving a message, I went ahead and sent an e-mail.

I will update when I hear back........

Message 3 of 4
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

I can't wait to never have to deal with Sallie Mae again.

Got the whole "We have to report accurate information to the CRA's" blah blah blah.

Turns out that something happened in the Sallie Mae processing where my forebearance wasn't applied until September of 2007 and then backdated to the day they were consolidated in February 2007.   So looks like I'm stuck with this late on my TU report until next year..........

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.