Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae success to delete the negative reporting

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Sallie Mae success to delete the negative reporting

To the last three posters, please note that this thread is from December 2010. Although some of the original posters are still active, they may not see this thread, or they might not have the contact info any more.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 17
khaliss

Hello,

I also have some 60 and 90 late payments with AES. Could you please get me the phone number you used? Appreciate in advance.

Message 12 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@khaliss wrote:

Hello,

I also have some 60 and 90 late payments with AES. Could you please get me the phone number you used? Appreciate in advance.

Hi, welcome to the forums!

If you didn't read all the posts, you might check my post right above yours. This is a very old thread that someone else dug up, and I don't know how many of the original posters are still here.

I hope you get some useful replies from others, though. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

for you guys who need sallie mae contact info.. 

anyone who is have problems with sallie should contact their office of the consumer advocate. i have sent them letters on occasion and had good results. within a few days of receiving your letter, a rep will call for clarification of the issue. be sure to put a correct phone number in your letter and be ready for the call because they don't call back, and if you call them you probably won't be able to catch your rep at his/her desk. 

Office of the Customer Advocate
Your concerns are very important to us. You will be contacted by a Customer Advocate representative within 72 business hours of the receipt of your inquiry. A response to your issue will be provided as soon as possible and often depends on the level of research required.

When submitting an inquiry, please provide your name, account number, and/or address and telephone number.

Please send your inquiry by email to advocate@
salliemae.com
 or call us toll-free at (888) 545-4199.

Standard mail may be sent to:

Office of the Customer Advocate
P. O. Box 4200
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773-4200

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We recetly sent a letter to SM to delete a late 150 day payment (to the office of customer advocate) and my husband got a call from the rep last Friday that they are going to have the negative info removed! We are very happy, my question is how long does it take for the info to update on the credit report? The letter was sent around Jan 20 and the phone call was last week. 

Thanks.

Message 15 of 17
gallifrey
Valued Member

What was your reason for asking them to delete the late? Was it just a goodwill letter or had they made an error? 

Gallifrey

Message 16 of 17
Dallas68
New Visitor

I received a letter from Sallie Mae, stating that I wasn't 90 days late as they have been reporting on all my credit reports since last year. After sending all supporting documents to all credit bureaus. Equifax stated, that they couldn't remove the 90 day late - bc - Sallie Mae said I was 90 days LATE!!!

They ask us to send in supporting documents and this letter was from Sallie Mae and they still couldn't remove it. The representative with Equifax - tried to used an analogy on this issue. "its like me saying you can take $100 out of my account because I said so". im like are you serious????

Does anyone else has any Idea what else I can do?  I was on verbal forbearance with Sallie Mae since the beginning of last year. They reported me in August of 2012 that I was 90 days late. Now, I have filed

Any Ideas????

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.