cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae under EX potentially negative items, can I get rid of it there?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae under EX potentially negative items, can I get rid of it there?

Sallie Mae is showing under my Experian report under potentialleneg items.  It says account transferred to another lender, original amount of $22,493.  Last reported 2/07.  It has several lates on it, in 2004, 05 and 06.  I rehabbed the loan about 2 years ago and there's also several entries under accounts in good standing for Sallie Mae, including the exact same loan that's showing up in the neg items.  I'm assuming the over 22K in neg items is pretty damaging to my score (which I hevn't pulled yet) and report in general.  What can I do to get Sallie Mae off the neg items, anything?  The loan is in good standing and being paid on time now.   TIA!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae under EX potentially negative items, can I get rid of it there?

I've got the same exact situation which I asked about a month ago, I sent off a letter explaining the details to Sallie Mae in PA address that the phone rep gave me and I told them I applied for deferment during the lates and never should of been late. GW letters just won't work from the reading that I've been doing on here for Sallie Mae, so I'm trying a different approach. I'll let you know the response back when I hear from them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.