moneek33

Sallie Mae

I am so tired of Sallie Mae misreporting. I was reviewing my credit reports when I discovered that Sallie Mae have me on the late payments after i received letters from them in regards to my forbearance and deferment.  I forwarded the letters to the credit bureaus and they (experian, Transunion) replied that they couldn't accept the letters I am so fustrated that this is steady going on.  I have called them cs is very rude and unhelpful.  I also am on hold for like 45 mins.  I don't know what else to do?  can someone please help me?
Valued Member
Ally_j135

Re: Sallie Mae

Can you call salliemae up and tell them to remove it and then ask them to send you a letter saying they will remove it and then you can submit that to the CRA...just in case...........what do u think?
Senior Contributor
Wonderin

Try calling the Consumer Advocate Unit at Sallie Mae: (888) 545-4199

If that doesn't work, try the DoE ombudsman:

By internet:
http://ombudsman.ed.gov/

Phone:
1-877-557-2575

Fax:
202-275-0549

Mail:
U.S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman
830 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20202-5144

Since SM has admitted that it's THEIR error and yet isn't willing to help you correct THEIR error, perhaps the DoE's ombudsman CAN.

Trust me, I wish you loads of luck!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

moneek33

I tried that and cs manager said the the department that handles credit reporting manager isn't in and they asked that I leave a voice mail.  That SUCHS!!!!!!!!!!!!
moneek33

Thank You so much wonderin I will try this in the morning!! I will let you know how it goes.
Senior Contributor
Wonderin

moneek33 wrote:
I tried that and cs manager said the the department that handles credit reporting manager isn't in and they asked that I leave a voice mail. That SUCHS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure that's the number you called and/or the department you talked to? From what I gather, it's not a common practice to have calls routed there as it's a "higher echelon" department.

From what Google told me it's where you end up (if you push it) not one of the starting points in dealing with them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

moneek33

Thanks for the advice.  I will let you know today what has happened?
Regular Contributor
liz9100

I had the same problem for 3 years and final found out they never sent the letter to the creditors. i fax over a copy and they fixed it in 30 days...........
Everyone above 610...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}