Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae

Hi everyone, Im hoping I can get some advice here. I have a Sallie Mae educational loan from 07/05 that it charged off. it says that they have written it off as a loss and what not and I am not sure if I should just leave it alone or if there is anything I should do. I am currently in college so it might be a possibility to defer, not sure since it is CO though. The last balance the loan had was some like $26000 which I cant even pretend I would be able make payments for. At the time of the loan I was living with my parents and my uncle and I took the loan together. Any advice on what, if anything, I can or should do about this? Thank you
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone, Im hoping I can get some advice here.
I have a Sallie Mae educational loan from 07/05 that it charged off. it says that they have written it off as a loss and what not and I am not sure if I should just leave it alone or if there is anything I should do.
Did you ever pay anything on it?
I am currently in college so it might be a possibility to defer, not sure since it is CO though.
Defer what?  The loan is co'd...defaulted.  How did you get a loan for college now with Sallie being so recent?
The last balance the loan had was some like $26000 which I cant even pretend I would be able make payments for.
What was the original loan amount?
At the time of the loan I was living with my parents and my uncle and I took the loan together.
Was your uncle a co-signer?  You do realize that your uncle's credit will show this too.
Any advice on what, if anything, I can or should do about this? Thank you

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.