Regular Contributor
iamdetermined

Score bump...did fixed rate cause it?

Hi everyone.

I am enrolled in a rehab program with ACSI for 1 of my Wells Fargo student loans. I made my 1st payment on 6/1 and today I got a SW alert. I'm glad to say my score jumped 8 points :smileyhappy: & per SW, it was due to a change in my WF account. I compared my cr's & the only difference I see is in comments- they added "Fixed Rate" to it. Could this have caused the score increase and I feel dumb asking this :smileyembarrassed: but someone please explain to me what fixed rate is. Does it mean they are no longer adding interest??

Thanks!

PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE ARE THE KEY!!
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Re: Score bump...did fixed rate cause it?

Hi!  Congrats on getting your rehab started :smileyhappy:

Fixed rate is probably referring to your interest rate.  Was it variable before?

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Regular Contributor
iamdetermined

Thanks @ laz98! I wish I knew about the program before, I would've taken advantage of it sooner. I'm assuming it was variable b/c the amount of the original loan & the amount now are different. I didn't pay as much attention as I should've but now I know better. Lol
PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE ARE THE KEY!!
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

I know how you feel.  I think we've all learned something about our student loans that way!  :smileyhappy:

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}