Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score forever doomed by Navient lates?

tag
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

Score forever doomed by Navient lates?

a couple years ago, my 8 Navient loans went late for 5 months each, giving me 40 lates on my report and 85% ontime payments. This is the only thing keeping my scores from being in the high 700s to 800s. No baddies. I know Navient is held by law from removing them. I've tried. Sent GW letters, called them. No luck. They won't remove them. 

Is my score forever doomed because of those lates? Is there anyway to rebound from this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score forever doomed by Navient lates?

Its not the end of the world. You need to keep paying your bills on time and build up solid payment history. As time goes on the lates will have less and less impact on your score. There is no real quick way to get them removed. They take 7 years to fall off of your report completely. Definately not doomed for ever. I was in the 500's not long ago. Most of it was due to student loan lates and a default. Now most of them have fallen off my report. Just keep doing what you are doing. You have a good stable of cards. I would refrain from big purchases and investments like a house our car if you can and garden while your score heals itself with time.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.