Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Rehab on a DSL

tag
MSPdude
Established Member

Second Rehab on a DSL

Hello all,

Is it possible to do the Rehab program after a Rehab?  I did the original Rehab about 5 years ago, completed it, and all was well.  Then, I got laid off and couldn't make the payments.  It's been about 3 years since I've made any sort of payment.  Is it possible to call the CA and ask to get on the Rehab program again?  I now have the ability to make the payments and continue making them.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Re: Second Rehab on a DSL

I recently completed student loan rehabilitation.  When I was finalizing the details with the CA, they were very specific that you only get one rehab per loan.  You can always call and ask.

If rehab doesn't work, you still might be able to get a consolidation.  From what I understand, it is possible to consilidate loans to get them out of default.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 2 of 4
MSPdude
Established Member

I only have one loan, so there isn't anything to consolidate. 

I read on another board somewhere that if the loan was rehabilitated before 8/2008, it could be done again, but after that date, no such luck.  Has anyone heard anything about that?  I have to actually do some research on this.

Message 3 of 4
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

According to http://www.studentloanborrowerassistance.org/default-and-delinquency/repayment-get-out-of-default/

"You are entitled to get out of default through rehabilitation only once per loan. If you rehabilitated before August 14, 2008 and go back into default on that loan, you can still rehabilitate again.  However, this new rehabilitation will be subject to the one-time limit."

BTW ... You can consolidate just one loan.  It is sort of like a refinance.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.