Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending GW to ACS / CHELA for Defaulted Loan; Need Contact Info and Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending GW to ACS / CHELA for Defaulted Loan; Need Contact Info and Advice

I defaulted on my student loans with ACS / CHELA back in 2004 but went through a rehab program with the guarantor after the guarantor repaid the loan to ACS / CHELA. The loans were sent to another lender after the rehab and I have had no issues with my loans since the 2004 default. The only negative info on my credit report regarding the student loans is the delinquency and resulting default that ACS / CHELA is showing and that will fall off my credit reports next year. I’m putting together a GW letter for ACS / CHELA in hopes that they will remove the late payment which evolved into a default (“claim filed with government” notation on credit reports).

In reviewing the posts here on MyFICO.com I have noticed that several people have indicated they have useful contacts at ASC / CHELA where GW letters can be sent. At this point I have no idea who to contact at ACS or where to send my GW letter; I would appreciate any ACS /CHELA contact anyone can provide that you think may be useful to me. This will be the first GW letter I have prepared and I would also appreciate any suggestions you have for content or important points to make.

Has anyone had luck with a GW letter for default where the claim was paid by the guarantor? Any other suggestions for me?

FYI, here is the info as it appears on one of the credit reports:

Account History:
 Claim filed with the government as of Jan 2009
 180 days past due as of Jan 2005 to Sep 2005
 150 days past due as of Dec 2004
 120 days past due as of Nov 2004
 90 days past due as of Oct 2004
 60 days past due as of Sep 2004

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by OnwardAndUpward on 01-13-2010 08:51 AM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.