cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I take out a subsidized loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I take out a subsidized loan?

Do you recommend any places to learn more about investing? If you're getting that much return from 5500, I totally want to learn how.

And yeah I was probably thinking of holding it in a 1.25% bank account. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are looking for just a basic knowledge of trading and what to look for in trends I learned a lot from family members and Youtube, it takes patience and is not the easy money many think it is. I don't have a specific place to recommend as it really depends on what you want to trade and how you trade it Day vs. long term strategy. I got "lucky" so to speak and usually my returns are not that good, still good, but not that good. I have thought about parking it in a Chase checking in hopes they give me a pre approval but I know that is probably a pipe dream until I am 21. I would recommend Robinhood if it's your first time trading, they have no fees (super rare) and it has a pretty good app based infrastructure, just be aware their processing times are quite long in comparison and they will shut you down if you are a day trader, so it is best if you hold the stock for a few days. Start off with $500 or so, it will allow you to see what your percentage return is without putting too much of your capital at risk!

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 2.26% percentage gain right now. Using Robinhood too.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

lendingrobot.com seems to be quite nice ;-)

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.