cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone PLEASE help me with my sallie mae private student loan that's in default!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone PLEASE help me with my sallie mae private student loan that's in default!

I was just on the phone trying to get information about my loan for 2 hours. Here's the story. I've been making sallie mae payments for the past 5 months. They've accepted all the payments no problem. I didn't know my loan was in default until today (which is my own fault but that's another story for another day). Everytime I chose a option on their automated system they would transfer me to zwicker & associates. Zwicker said they no longer had my account and I need to talk to sallie mae directly. So I called Sallie Mae again and waited until I got someone on the phone. They kept transferring me all over the place for a whole hour!! So I finally got the direct number to sallie mae collections, who told me I had to deal with zwicker!! AHHH! So a lady from zwicker finally tells me I can't do a rehab on a defaulted private loan. Someone please tell me what my options are? Even though I have been making payments to sallie mae, my past due amount $4230. Is there any help anywhere that I can get help on this? How can I get out of default? I want to qualify for a house and this is really damaging.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: Someone PLEASE help me with my sallie mae private student loan that's in default!

The only way to get a private loan out of default is to pay it off.  No rehab, you wont qualify for private loan consolidation. 
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Someone PLEASE help me with my sallie mae private student loan that's in default!

That's a heartbreaker. Smiley Sad Thanks for your reply though.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.