Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎08-12-2011
0

Re: Specific law forbidding removal of federal loans lates

W


algorithmslave wrote:

bahbahd wrote:

What is the Special Direct Consolidation Loan?  


http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/consolidation/special

 

Please see the link above...burden your mind with this...it is NOT A CONSOLIDATION of loans. It was designed to bring all of ones student loans under one roof. This was a huge backfire thoough...it counts as a consolidation under FICO because a new account number was detected. Although if I call the lender, they have all the history of the loans. Interesting.........


What happened to all your old account TLs on you CR?

Valued Member
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎09-10-2012
0

Re: Specific law forbidding removal of federal loans lates


bahbahd wrote:

What is the Special Direct Consolidation Loan?  

 

Edit: I googled it. http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/consolidation/special  I'll be really upset if I could have used this consolidation method to get rid of my negative nelnet tradelines.


yup read my post above....a positive for you but negative for me....

You can wrap me in your flag, make me say a praise to your creator and make me spend your currency, but remember this, I am a loyal servant to Justice and a Patriot to none. I am free...
Valued Member
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎09-10-2012
0

Re: Specific law forbidding removal of federal loans lates


bahbahd wrote:

W


algorithmslave wrote:

bahbahd wrote:

What is the Special Direct Consolidation Loan?  


http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/consolidation/special

 

Please see the link above...burden your mind with this...it is NOT A CONSOLIDATION of loans. It was designed to bring all of ones student loans under one roof. This was a huge backfire thoough...it counts as a consolidation under FICO because a new account number was detected. Although if I call the lender, they have all the history of the loans. Interesting.........


What happened to all your old account TLs on you CR?


They disappeared in the sense that, they looked like they were paid off. Sooo average credit histroy dropped like a rock!!!! In addition, new accounts are hitting me negatively as well. I am in the process of trying to convince Great Lakes to change the date open.....

You can wrap me in your flag, make me say a praise to your creator and make me spend your currency, but remember this, I am a loyal servant to Justice and a Patriot to none. I am free...
Highlighted
Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎08-12-2011
0

Re: Specific law forbidding removal of federal loans lates

[ Edited ]

That does not make to much sense to me for some reason. SLs marked paid & closed should still report for 10 years from the date of closure. The age would still be there from the old ones. Unless you are saying that the new loan account severly brough down your AAoA

Valued Member
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎09-10-2012
0

Re: Specific law forbidding removal of federal loans lates


bahbahd wrote:

That does not make to much sense to me for some reason. SLs marked paid & closed should still report for 10 years from the date of closure. The age would still be there from the old ones. Unless you are saying that the new loan account severly brough down your AAoA


If AAoA has to do with average account age than yes it did. In addition, the Special Direct Consolidation does not condense down to oone loan but rather herds the past loans into gatergories like, subsidized, non-subsidized and the like. So in my case I had three new account appear. So I got hit negatively with too much new credit and a lower average account age. 

You can wrap me in your flag, make me say a praise to your creator and make me spend your currency, but remember this, I am a loyal servant to Justice and a Patriot to none. I am free...
Contributor
Posts: 91
Registered: ‎09-16-2012
0

Re: Specific law forbidding removal of federal loans lates

Actually, FCRA Section 623(a)2 says that retroactive deferments acknowledge a time period when no payments were due. Therefore no payment was ever due and any negative credit history must be removed. Since the statute says that reports must be "updated" as well as corrected.

 

The FTC's lawyers and DoE counsel confirmed this to me verbally. 

Valued Member
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎09-10-2012
0

Re: Specific law forbidding removal of federal loans lates


schrute wrote:

Actually, FCRA Section 623(a)2 says that retroactive deferments acknowledge a time period when no payments were due. Therefore no payment was ever due and any negative credit history must be removed. Since the statute says that reports must be "updated" as well as corrected.

 

The FTC's lawyers and DoE counsel confirmed this to me verbally. 


Interesting....

 

That would mean CitiBank's who previously owned The Student Loan Corporation, now owned by Discover Student Loans is a criminal orgination. I believe we all know this. 

 

I would like to challenge that statute.....does it make reference to the start date? Meaning, the day you enter class or the day your scheduled to attend? So, what The Student Loan Corporation was doing was taking the defermant time as the day the student starts classs not the date your excepted into school and have a date to start in hand. Understand?

 

You can wrap me in your flag, make me say a praise to your creator and make me spend your currency, but remember this, I am a loyal servant to Justice and a Patriot to none. I am free...
Member
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎02-13-2013
0

Re: Specific law forbidding removal of federal loans lates

I have Fed Loan Servicing student loan, how do I get them to remove lates??
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.