Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Forgiveness

tag
flivai
Established Member

Student Forgiveness

Is there anyway that I can get put on the Student Forgiveness if I don't have a job in the public sector? My forbearance is ending next month and I know that i wont be able to afford my payments and want to know exactly how it works? I'm kind of loss as it looks like you can switch the loans over but if i'm not in the public sector how does that work? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Equifax - 683
Transunion - 632
Experian - 675
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Student Forgiveness

I think you are confusing the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program and one or more of the income-based repayment plans offered for Federal student loans.

I would start by reading the material on this website: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans

Depending on your specific situation, there are a number of repayment options, and even additional forbearance or deferment that you may qualify for.  The school you graduated from, and your servicer, are also great places to get more information and ask questions.  You're ahead of the eight-ball right now, because your forbearance hasn't yet ended.  Take this chance to inform yourself about your options and prevent ever falling behind on those payments.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.