Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Charge Off question

tag
kornieme2
New Visitor

Student Loan Charge Off question

Ok, I have an odd issue. I went to a Technical School which got me a loan through Mission Federal Credit Union. I live in NC and the school was located in NC and at the time I was unemployed. Anyhow, got the loan through the school fudging their address, Mission only gives loans and membership to people in the San Diego area. The school shut its doors before I completed the learning. That was back in 2006. The loan was charged off in 2009 and I received a 1099-C in 2009. I have the loan showing as a recent debt in Experian and Equifax, I was able to get TransUnion to delete it. I am in the process of attempting to get a home loan which I cannot get with this on my credit report. The debt is $16,732 and I am at a loss on how to get it removed from Equifax and Experian. I believe Equifax removed one showing it as an active loan it (it was in there twice) it now shows the CO as active since 2012(?). What dispute actions should I take to get the two to remove it from my credit report? It took 24 hours for TransUnion to remove it from my CR which I thought was odd. Any ideas or suggestions?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Barris
Established Member

Re: Student Loan Charge Off question

I say you file a written dispute with both the bureaus stating that the loan was CO'd much before 2012 and attach a copy of the 1099c that you received. That should get them to remove the TLs from your report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.