Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Consolidation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan Consolidation

I just wanted to know has anyone had any luck with student loan consolidation recently?  I have tried several sources and many lenders have stopped offering this service.

I really need to consolidate my graduate loans, but due to this I'm not sure what my options are at this point.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Consolidation

Are they private or federal (stafford) loans?  Which company or companies are you trying to consolidate with?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have loans with Wachovia.
Message 3 of 5
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

Saying you have loans with Wachovia doesnt tell us whether they are private or federal loans.  Wachovia does both private loans and FFELP (federal) loans.
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently graduated from grad school and called Sallie Mae to get some preliminary information on consolidating. The representative told me that they are not currently processing consolidation loans because of the annual July 1st interest rate change. The call took place in early June. She said that they should start processing them again in August. I know student loan rates fluctuate at that time of year but I didn't think they would impact a consolidation loan. Anyhow, I just thought I'd share in case something similar is coming into play for you as well.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.