Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Delinquency

tag
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Student Loan Delinquency

I thought that I had until I graduated to pay my student loans.  Now I pull my CR and 2 out of the 3 CRA's are reporting that it is 60 days late.  My student loans are through Wells Fargo?  Can anyone give me some help on what I do from here to get this off?  Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mdstar1
Established Member

Re: Student Loan Delinquency

I would contact whoever holds your loan.  I got a letter from ACS saying that I had a payment due, but I am still in school.  Apparently every summer, you have to do a special deferment for those couple of months in between semesters.  Its like a promisary note saying that you plan to enroll in classes the following semester.  Hopefully, your problem is as simple as that.  I would contact the loan holder and explain the situation.
EX 742
Message 2 of 6
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Do you think they will remove the 60 day marks?  Thanks.
Message 3 of 6
mdstar1
Established Member

When I forgot to report a change of school that resulted in late marks, I called and my lates were removed with no problem.  IMO it should be just as easy for you.  If you completed last semester and are enrolled and planning to go this semester, there shouldn't be any problems.  If the first person you speak with can't help you, ask for the call to be elevated or hang up and try again.  When I called, I didn't have any problems.  They asked for proof that I was enrolled and after I submitted that, my lates disappeared.
EX 742
Message 4 of 6
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Well, I called them.  Spoke with a rep and a supervisor.  They both said they will not remove the negative marks.  Any idea on where I go from here?  Thanks.
Message 5 of 6
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

Donks3369 wrote:
I thought that I had until I graduated to pay my student loans.  Now I pull my CR and 2 out of the 3 CRA's are reporting that it is 60 days late.  My student loans are through Wells Fargo?  Can anyone give me some help on what I do from here to get this off?  Thanks.

Nope.  That is not the correct terminology.  For federal loans, your payments become due 6 months after you cease being a full time/part time student. What was your last dae of classes?  It sounds like you may have not been in attendance since December.  Did you switch schools or has anything else happened? 
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.