Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Dispute Success!!

tag
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Student Loan Dispute Success!!

A big thanks to tfkallday.  

I had started back in October, trying to fix my credit..so I pulled my reports and started disputing everything.  I have a ton of derogs...most of them falling off this coming year.  I got a couple of them deleted.  Well, I was done disputing...figured I had disputed everything I could've disputed and was gonna move on to the next step.  I had 2 student loans with derogs on my account..major derogs.  Those accounts (serviced by DirectLoans) were closed and transferred to Sallie Mae in April,2013.   I never heard of rehabbing, nor was I offered it.  So anyway, I had no intentions of disputing because I assumed there was no chance of anything...I was just gonna forget about em and let em drop off in 7 years.   ....UNTIL, I read on here that DirectLoans didn't service loans...or at least student loans anymore.  So that got me to thinkin a little bit.  Then I read tfkallday's success story...I floated him a PM for advice...He floated one back.....and here I am >.I disputed with TU and EQ Sunday night (due to technicality, I was just now able to dispute with Experian)...I woke up Monday morning to an email from TU saying they had completed their investigation.  So I logged in and checked the Dispute Results....both were Deleted!!   I thought yea right...this can't be true..TU is playing with my emotions.  Well, I went to work and later Monday night, on my break, I had an email from Equifax.  They had completed their investigation.   ...both were Deleted!  ....Thank you God.    ....and thanks to tfkallday and everyone else here who share their successes, advice, and even their failures..because  failures can be valuable information as well.   I have picked up a lot of great stuff and i've only been coming to this forum since October.   ....I hope this has helped or encouraged someone in a similar spot I'm in.  ....Sorry, such a long drawn out message, but that made my day.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
klondike
Valued Member

Re: Student Loan Dispute Success!!

That's great! Hopefully they will stay off and not come back. Can you tell us what your score jump is when you have it?

My original loans are with Direct Loans, but they switched to American Student Assistance. I am now in rehab and will complete that on Feb 15th. I plan on disputing them as soon as my rehab is complete, but maybe it's worth a shot now? I have seen a lot of examples with people who had Direct Loans dispute them after rehab and the negative info is deleted within days.

Starting FICO EQ Score: 597
Current FICO EQ Score: 664
Goal FICO EQ Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Thanks...yea i dont see why they wouldnt stay off but knowin my luck theyll show back up lol. Read tfkalldays success story a few threads down. He was in same position as you.

Message 3 of 4
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Im kinda thinkin...considering how quick TU and EQ responses were...that the deletions may have something to do DL not servicing loans anymore. Idk what advice to give you since youre in rehab. Im sure you can find a good answer about that on here somewhere

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.