cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Goodwill Letter Advice!!!!!!

tag
primandproper
Established Member

Student Loan Goodwill Letter Advice!!!!!!

I need some feedback on this Goodwill letter I am about to send to my student loans. I have combined a few of the goodwill letters from here.

To Whom It May Concern:

From 2003 until 2004, I attended High Tech Institute. I graduated with Associate’s degrees in Medical Assisting. I am extremely grateful to SLFC for providing me the financial means to earn my degree.

The reason that I am writing is to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to Transunion, Equifax and Experian credit reporting agencies with regard to account number 99999549*** (this partial account number was pulled directly from my Experian credit report). I have late payments on the above referenced account that date back to 2006 and 2007.  At the time of the late payments, I was in a period of unemployment. This period of unemployment necessitated my two-year hiatus from school and put my loan into repayment status, which is why the late payments occurred. I also gave birth to my child. I was not educated on the fact that I could put the loans in deferment due to financial hardship. At that time my loans went into default but I was able to rehab them back into good standing.  I say that not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness.

I will soon be applying for a mortgage and your removal of these late payments would assist me in receiving the lowest interest rate available. I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those tradelines. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a "goodwill adjustment." I hope that SLFC is willing to work with me on erasing these marks from my credit reports. I know that you have assisted people that have defaulted on their students loans by removing the default notation from their credit histories and I think that is wonderful.  I sincerely hope that there is redemption at SLFC, and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter

2/26/13: 528-myfico EX
3/10/13: 533 myfico EQ
4/02/13: 539 myfico EQ
3/16/13: 566 EX(us bank)

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: 539
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mister_Wonderful
Established Member

Re: Student Loan Goodwill Letter Advice!!!!!!

This looks great...I would like to use this for my student loans as well

EFX Starting Score:
589 EXP Starting Score: 622 TU Starting Score: 647
EFX Current Score:
705 on 4/16/15 EXP Current Score: 696 on 4/17/15 TU Current Score: 710 on 3/29/15
Across the board:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
itzcaroll

Re: Student Loan Goodwill Letter Advice!!!!!!

Hey primandproper,

Did you hear back for your goodwill letter? I am about to send one myself and I am curious if they took it off.... 

Hope to hear from you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.