Established Member
primandproper

Student Loan Goodwill Letter Advice!!!!!!

I need some feedback on this Goodwill letter I am about to send to my student loans. I have combined a few of the goodwill letters from here.

To Whom It May Concern:

From 2003 until 2004, I attended High Tech Institute. I graduated with Associate’s degrees in Medical Assisting. I am extremely grateful to SLFC for providing me the financial means to earn my degree.

The reason that I am writing is to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to Transunion, Equifax and Experian credit reporting agencies with regard to account number 99999549*** (this partial account number was pulled directly from my Experian credit report). I have late payments on the above referenced account that date back to 2006 and 2007.  At the time of the late payments, I was in a period of unemployment. This period of unemployment necessitated my two-year hiatus from school and put my loan into repayment status, which is why the late payments occurred. I also gave birth to my child. I was not educated on the fact that I could put the loans in deferment due to financial hardship. At that time my loans went into default but I was able to rehab them back into good standing.  I say that not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness.

I will soon be applying for a mortgage and your removal of these late payments would assist me in receiving the lowest interest rate available. I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those tradelines. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a "goodwill adjustment." I hope that SLFC is willing to work with me on erasing these marks from my credit reports. I know that you have assisted people that have defaulted on their students loans by removing the default notation from their credit histories and I think that is wonderful.  I sincerely hope that there is redemption at SLFC, and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter

2/26/13: 528-myfico EX
3/10/13: 533 myfico EQ
4/02/13: 539 myfico EQ
3/16/13: 566 EX(us bank)

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: 539
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Established Member
Mister_Wonderful

Re: Student Loan Goodwill Letter Advice!!!!!!

This looks great...I would like to use this for my student loans as well

EFX Starting Score:
589 EXP Starting Score: 622 TU Starting Score: 647
EFX Current Score:
699 on 6/15/14 EXP Current Score: 694 on 6/6/14 TU Current Score: 709 on 6/6/14
Across the board:

Take the myFICO Fitness 2014 Challenge
itzcaroll

Re: Student Loan Goodwill Letter Advice!!!!!!

Hey primandproper,

Did you hear back for your goodwill letter? I am about to send one myself and I am curious if they took it off.... 

Hope to hear from you :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+