New Contributor
YoungJay18

Student Loan Info

im currently a 2nd semseter college student and i might need a loan but im completly new to the loan thing what would i need to know exactly so i dont make a mistake

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Re: Student Loan Info

Start with your school's financial aid office.  Did you pay for your 1st semester out-of-pocket?

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
New Contributor
YoungJay18

no it was covered by Taps and Fasfa 

Regular Contributor
InvincibleSummer2

YoungJay18 wrote:

no it was covered by Taps and Fasfa 

Fafsa is the Free Application For Federal Student Aid. It's just the application for both grants and loans - the FAFSA in and of itself doesn't cover student tuition.

I second the financial aid office suggestion. You'll want to get a really clear picture of what grants, etc. you've gotten so far so you can make good decisions about loans.

New Contributor
YoungJay18

alright so i shall go speak with them before i do anything else

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}