Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Ombudsman letter

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Student Loan Ombudsman letter

Long story short, trying to remove lates from my Direct Loan from when I was in forbearance.  I have tried calling, GW letter, dispute with a copy of payment history, and even a CEO letter, but no help, or even a response.  So I filled out the online contact form for the "Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group" as follows.  We'll see what happens.

Hello,
Direct Loans is reporting to the credit bureau that I was late from <date> to<date> on my student loan account. Prior to <date> I had requested forbearance, which was granted, and resumed payments as scheduled. I complied with the terms of my agreement and finished the loan payments in full. I called, emailed, and wrote to Direct Loans, even enclosing a printout of my payment history showing the forbearance. I also disputed with the credit bureaus with the same explanation and enclosure, but my report still reflects the late payments. Also, I can no longer access my payment history with the new website. Please help me by removing the late payments and correcting the reporting to the credit bureaus. Thank you,
Edited to remove a name - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Anyone else here work with the ombudsman? Did you have any luck?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.