Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Re: Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

that is one of the benefits of this thread.  I am trying to get the info from a range of people and their lenders.  Mine is through Direct Loans, and they have been known to wipe the slate clean, although, so far, that isn't the case for me.  When they report this August, I'll know for sure.

MyFico asked me to change my screen name, so for now on I'll be FicoTron

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 61 of 880
FicoTron
Established Contributor

I just spoke with Direct Loans to make sure my automatic debit payment was set up correctly, and I also asked about why they were essentially double reporting my school loan debt.  They said that a different department sends them a request to update the negs within 60 days of the rehab.  So, my rehab date was 7/20, so hopefully when they report this month, it will be squared.  I will update when that happens.

Anything on anyone else's end?

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 62 of 880
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

My loans were with sallie mae, and yesterday one of the bad tradelines was removed completely from my report.. 2 still remain and the new loans are not reporting yet..

Message 63 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

My student loans were thru US Dept of Education (Direct Loans) and I also fell behind a couple years ago, but the last 18 months or so have been on time. I never spoke to them about any "rehab" program that I have been reading about, so I am wondering if I call them, maybe they would take the last year or so of payments into considerationand get rid of all those late payments I had a few years back. I also recently setup the electronic debit feature to take fund from my checking account. I think i am going to call them immediately on Tuesday.

Message 64 of 880
FicoTron
Established Contributor

JoeyBag- as far as I understand, they will only give the benefits of rehab to people who are in major default...but good luck, you never know until you ask.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 65 of 880
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Hi Joey:

I have to agree with Tron on this one.  Normally they only offer the rehabilitation programs to those that are in serious default.  Now there is a bit of inconsistencies upon what the rehabilitation program is supposed to "clear from your credit report".  Many of reported that it clears the entire trade line (including late payments), but other's have reported that it only clears the "status" of the old account (but not the late payments).  The good news is that as long as you continue to make those on time payments, then those baddies are hurting your score less and less.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 66 of 880
tburns
Regular Contributor

My EX report updated with a new TL: US Dept of Education. Dating back to 6-1998 with no negatives. It moved my AAoA from 4 months to 1.7 years.No score movement but haven't checked my Fico yet. I'll get that at the end of the month. Only saw the EX FAKO and it's still at 715, same as the last few weeks since my car loan popped on there. At least it didn't go down from the new account.

I'm still regretting my app spree from May, added 6 new TL and killed my AAoA.

Message 67 of 880
FicoTron
Established Contributor

They DOE updated the positive tradeline for the month of August on all three bureau's but still hasn't touched the negatives...like I've said, they have to AT LEAST take the collection status and past due amounts off, so I'm still nervously anticipating what they are going to do...I don't want to call them again, but I also don't want to wait another month to see what they do.

Tburns- you didn' t have any negs on your report to begin with though right?  If that is the case, that sucks because we can't compare how it worked out, as far as timing between the two of us.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 68 of 880
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The new loans started reporting, I got 4 new trade lines added with 10 years of perfect paying history and my scores shot up about 50 points.

Message 69 of 880
FicoTron
Established Contributor

well, they reported for August and reported it the negatives as the same.  They are still collection accounts for the full amount, even though I am fully rehabbed.  So they are reporting it incorrectly.  I don't know if I should call or dispute.  Any ideas?

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 70 of 880
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.