Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

March 2012:

I've been on the rehab program for 11 months now. I should have been off in 9 months. I spoke to the dept. of education and they keep telling me they don't know when the program will take effect. is anyone experiencing this problem. They said I've kept my end of the bargin but they are waiting on their "system" to update...  Smiley Sad 

any idea what's going on?

Message 191 of 880
awash242
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

March 2012:

I've been on the rehab program for 11 months now. I should have been off in 9 months. I spoke to the dept. of education and they keep telling me they don't know when the program will take effect. is anyone experiencing this problem. They said I've kept my end of the bargin but they are waiting on their "system" to update...  Smiley Sad 

any idea what's going on?

If you re-read that last several pages you will see that this is very common right now. We're all in the same boat....just waiting for DOE to get things up and running again.

Message 192 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in the same boat, i made it a priority to call them every other day.  I guess they got tired of me calling because my rehabbed loan is supposed to go through today and i am to call this lady back in the morning and she is gonna conference me in with all 3 CRAs and request a manual update right away so we will see come tomorrow.  My best advice is just keep calling them! Because we all know if you don't make a payment they will call you every day so do the same to them!

Message 193 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,
So where to begin. I defaulted on my school loans and started the rehab program in January 2011 for 11 separate loans. I made all my payments on time through the collection agency CTI. I made my last payment or what I thought was my last payment in September and was then told that the DOE was updating their system and not accepting any payments until their system was updated which should only be another month or so... Well now its March and I'm getting the same response but meanwhile my credit is being DESTROYED because they are considering it as 11 defaulted loans. I tried calling the DOE myself and keep being told that there is nothing they can do until their system upgrade is over... Any advice on what I can do or who I should call. Over the last year I've worked very hard and finally paid of all my credit cards and these loans are my last thing to pay...this is preventing me from getting a new car or mortage. I am beyond frustrated....HELP.....
Message 194 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who did u call every other day? The DOE or you collection agency? The girl at the collection agency is sick of me calling and doesn't have any answers to give me.
Message 195 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

Danielle,

I called 3 different people every other day, i called the collection agency in charge of my rehab, great lakes my orginal lender picking the loan back up, and the department of education.  As of wednesday a lady (Susan) personally called and faxed over request for updates and removals on my defaulted loan.  Now i am just waiting for CRAs to update.  I would suggest you just continue to call them and do not settle for an "computer upgrade" answer that is their way of brushing you off and not having to deal with you.  first month or two i was very frustrated and within a month of bugging them every other day they finally got things taken care of..

Message 196 of 880
humble1911
Established Member

Does Susan work for the DOE or Great Lakes?  I've asked for the same letter and the DOE keeps telling me that they can't send that to me and that they can only send it to the Credit Bureaus.

Starting Score: 1/19/11 TU: 577 EQ: 541
Current Score: 11/15/11 TU: 681 EQ: 651
Goal Score: TU: 720 EQ: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 197 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the company taking the rehab has made you that promise, then get it in writing and make sure it is official and notarized if needs be.  That way if something negative from your past does pop up, you will be able to have some legal action to take to make sure it is all removed.  Some other good information about things like this can be found at this website. Mod Cut!

Spamming and self-promoting are not allowed in the forums.

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 198 of 880
Breuklyn
Established Member

First of I would like to sincerely thank all those with contributed their experience, student loan debt can be a lonely place and ready the struggles failures and triumphs of everyone else has been truely an inspiration.

I am currently in the mid 500's almost complete because of defaults, on my guranteed loans with HESC. I am 2 payments into the rehab and I can't wait! I don't expect the dame results I see here, but if my credit score is less of a nightmare I am happy.

I do have a question, I've been reading what was written and understand only direct loans are completely removed. My loan is originally from edfiniancial, has any had any experience with them, once I'm rehabbed will a goodwill letter or credit dispute help any!
Message 199 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got what i think was good news this morning still not totally sure yet.  All of my SLs have been deleted from all 3 of my reports completly, and i was also told this morning after my first new payment is reported it will show as a new account on my report dating back to 2004 and being paid as agreed upon.  Just with the deletions my EQ went from 565 to 637 and EX 553 to 633, i have not seen TU but did get an alert they were deleted as well.  I'm just hopeing when they report the new loan and with it being aged back to 2004 my scores go up a little bit more.  I also have 2 accounts still in disputes so once they update and report again i should see an increase in a few more points as well... This has been a long process and so glad starting to see the light at the end...

Message 200 of 880
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.