Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

tag
ch8ngeurstars
New Contributor

Re: Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

Ok.....I figured I would post my current situation and provide updates as they come. Tomorrow my 7th payment will come out of my account for Student Loan rehab. My 9th payment will be debited on July 15th. I spoke with a rep at windham professionals last week that told me After the July payment my Student Loans will be eligible to be picked up and that should happen within 30 days from the last payment. He said I'm looking at a mid August time frame (fingers crossed for that).

The rep also stated that imediately after my 9th payment they will process the deletions of negative tradelines to my CR. I currently have 6 (regarding student loans). All of which show 120 days late and date back to 2006 (first reported in 2004). I really hope their removal gives a significant bump to my FICO. My score is embarrassing to say the least but I am optimistic after reading some encouraging success stories on the forums here.

I also have 3 credit cards that are maxed out. The good news is I am paying them all off once I recieve my tax return in the near future. That too will give my credit score quite a bump also hoepfully. I will keep you all updated as changes come. I am going to start combing my reports to find old paid off account that I can dispute for removal and update any changes on those as well.

So wish me luck. Hopefully I'll have some good news in the near future that will help others like many stories I've read on here.

Starting Score: 549

Current Scores:

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 241 of 880
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

Right now I am in a student loan rehab with allied interstate but it ECMC picked up my loans from Sallie Mae. I am on payment # 2 will keep everybody updated

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 242 of 880
awash242
Contributor

My original loans were through US DoE Direct Loans Servicing Center. I completed my rehab on March 15th, and yesterday I received a letter from Sallie Mae. My loans have finally been picked back up and my first payment is due on July 8. How long should it take for them to start reporting, and what type of history should I expect on my reports? Will they start over from scratch?

Thanks!

Message 243 of 880
turts14
Regular Contributor

My loans did start from scratch, they removed all of my lates and deleted old accounts and rolled them into one brand new tradeline with no history  

Message 244 of 880
ch8ngeurstars
New Contributor

turts14 Did you receive a significant jump in your credit scores?

Current Scores:

Goal Score:

Message 245 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started rehabilitation in March 2011 and made my ninth payment in November 2011.  Allied Interstate took out a tenth payment (without my knowledge or authorization) in December 2011.  When I complained about this in December 2011, they told me that the payment would be refunded to me in 6 - 8 weeks.  I am still waiting for the refund nearly six months later despite numerous follow up phone calls, each time speaking to a different person and each time getting a different answer.  When I complained to the Allied Interstate "advocacy group" (twice) I got no response.  I am less than impressed with Allied Interstate. 

I also am still waiting for my loans to be picked up six months after my ninth payment.  When I spoke to Dept. of Education last week, I was told that there is no way to predict when my loans will be picked up and that the computer glitch has caused this problem.  Luckily I took 6 credit hours of online classes at a community college that is out of state (total cost about $350) so my loan payments are being deferred even though I am working full time.  I was paying $1165 per month in the rehab program so the online classes were a good investment. 

Message 246 of 880
turts14
Regular Contributor

Yes I did, however it was tough to tell exactly what it was as I was rebuilding other areas of my credit at the same time.  I would say that this was one of the most significant factors in raising my score 70 -90 points across all three credit bureas in 12 months time.

Message 247 of 880
ch8ngeurstars
New Contributor

Turts14 Thats Great! I'm looking forward to see what type of jump I'll get. I am also working on building in other areas like paying off my credit cards which I will be done with in the next week or so and my last rehab payment will be July 15th. Thanks so much for your reply.

Current Scores:

Goal Score:

Message 248 of 880
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I started rehabilitation in March 2011 and made my ninth payment in November 2011.  Allied Interstate took out a tenth payment (without my knowledge or authorization) in December 2011.  When I complained about this in December 2011, they told me that the payment would be refunded to me in 6 - 8 weeks.  I am still waiting for the refund nearly six months later despite numerous follow up phone calls, each time speaking to a different person and each time getting a different answer.  When I complained to the Allied Interstate "advocacy group" (twice) I got no response.  I am less than impressed with Allied Interstate. 

I also am still waiting for my loans to be picked up six months after my ninth payment.  When I spoke to Dept. of Education last week, I was told that there is no way to predict when my loans will be picked up and that the computer glitch has caused this problem.  Luckily I took 6 credit hours of online classes at a community college that is out of state (total cost about $350) so my loan payments are being deferred even though I am working full time.  I was paying $1165 per month in the rehab program so the online classes were a good investment. 

That is who my rehab program is through, hopefully you get everything straightened out. I am paying $255 a month but i only have about 8k left in student loans. My OC was ECMC

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 249 of 880
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Message 250 of 880
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.