Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Student Loan Tradelines on Equifax

I know have read something on here about student loan tradelines being deleted after rehab, but not all CRAs deleting.  I have successfully gotten EX and TU to delete my old tradelines by disputing the fact that negative remarks are not supposed to be reported and they deleted the whole tradeline. I am currently waiting for the results of my dispute with EQ.  When I look at my reports now, I see the dispute under investigation comments and now all of my loans say "pays as agreed" but the lates show.  I understand that this is all that HAS to be done with the tradelines after rehab, but is there anything else I can do to get them deleted since the other two bureaus have deleted them?  Is it ultimately up to the CRA  or the loan servicer to decide how they are reported?  I just don't understand why 2 out of 3 CRAs would delete and the other wouldn't.

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Student Loan Tradelines on Equifax

I have the results from my dispute with Experian and am more confused than I was before!  All of the comments were updated to "Pays as agreed", which is fine, but the results page is very confusing to read.  Some of the disuputes have this as a comment:  "The explanation previously attached to this account has been deleted. The prior paying history has been deleted from this account. ", while others only have the comment about the explanation being deleted and others only have the comment about the payment history being deleted.  I don't see the payment history deleted though.  And the kicker is, these are the original "incarnation" of my loans/lates before they were sold to the second servicer, which is who I actually defaulted with.  My understanding is the lates leading up to the default are the only ones that are allowed to remain and all other late payments are to be deleted, or does this not apply because they are separate tradelines?  I did another dispute today with the same exact comments that I did with the other two CRAs who deleted my loans.  

On a different, yet related note, I have also tried to delete an old address with Equifax 5 times, and every time it comes back saying it is deleted, but it hasn't actually been deleted.  I'm afraid the same type of thing is going to happen with my student loans... 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.