Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan help... GW, multiple TL's

tag
gutero
Established Member

Student Loan help... GW, multiple TL's

I'm wondering if someone can give me some advice or help me figure how to approach this....

This is what's on my CR.  The thing is, I have 4 student loans.  Here's how I think they're broken down... by color code.  Don't make fun of me... it's the neatest way I could think to organize this.

Keybank, Charged off, $36,122,

AES/Keybank, Transferred to recovery, $0 balance, high balance $26,881

Keybank, Charged off, $34,315,

AES/Keybank, Transferred to recovery, $0 balance, high balance $26,881

KER/GLHEC, outstanding balance $21,638, current, paying as agreed

AES/Wells Fargo, Account closed due to transfer, $0 balance, high balance $31,578

WE EFS, Charged off, $0 balance,  high balance $31,579

WE EFS, Settled Less than full balance, $0 balance, high balance $31,578, settlement amount $15,587

Is that considered 8 TL's?

Since only 3 of these show a balance, should I try to GW the other 5?  Anyone have experience in this??

3/2017 Scores: 511 - TU...505 - EQ...509 - EX
---6-month Goal---
600 across the board
---Long-term Goal---
760 across the board

Cards: Cap 1 Secured: $300, OpenSky Secrued: $300
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Student Loan help... GW, multiple TL's

Are all of these private student loans?

I can't really help out with the information you've given. On what basis were you hoping to GW them off?

Message 2 of 7
gutero
Established Member

Forgive my ignorance.... where can I check if they're private or gov loans?  I know there's a website out there.... I've looked it up before...  just can't remember off the top of my head.

I was hoping to GW them on the basis of them showing a $0 balance.  Obviously the loans with balances I'd have to look into rehabbing (sp?)...

---6-month Goal---
600 across the board
---Long-term Goal---
760 across the board

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The site to look up whether they're public or private is the National Student Loan Data System. NSLDS.ed.gov.

Message 4 of 7
gutero
Established Member

Ok.... I checked NSLDS.ed.gov..... and now I'm really lost.  The numbers I'm seeing on here don't seem to gel with the numbers I'm used to seeing on my CR.  I know they won't be exactly the same because of interest, fees, etc.  I'm showing 5 loans disbursed over the course of 3 years.  Is there anywhere that makes it clear exactly what I've borrow??  And how that connects to the money I now owe?? 

---6-month Goal---
600 across the board
---Long-term Goal---
760 across the board

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest, I think your Wells Fargo and Keybank loans are private loans, so they wouldn't be listed at all on the NSLDS. That site only shows your public loans.

Message 6 of 7
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

That means you've got 5 government loans. For the private ones you will have to contact the specific lender on each one (as far as my understanding). Mine were only government...I didn't take any private loans.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.