Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans Approvals with low FICO Scores

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Student Loans Approvals with low FICO Scores

Hello everyone:

I have current Federal Student Loans which I am paying back ontime and no issues.  I made some mistakes the last few semesters and withdrew from classes.  Now they want me to return and prove my self for a few semesters before they will give grants and loans again.  I am looking for a private student loan company that will give a loan to people with scores like mine.  Any idea which compaines I can look into? Thanks!

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Student Loans Approvals with low FICO Scores

You are likely going to need a co-signer, especially if you don't have a solid work history and plan to maintain that income while you are taking classes.  I would search for private student loans and start reading the terms.  Different lenders will have different rules for in-school deferments, forbearances or reduced payments, etc. and you'll want to carefully consider those.  Then, apply for the loans that you think will work best for your situation.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.