Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans Double-listed on CR

tag
wkeber

Student Loans Double-listed on CR

Hi everyone, 

I have a general question but it pertains to my student loans so I'm posting here. 

I had loans through Citibank with some delinquencies (30/90 late) and those loans were passed onto Sallie Mae. I've been paying in full on Sallie Mae (auto-deduction) so no problems since those first appeared on my CR. But the old Citibank loans still appear and are showing as late paid. Here's a screenshot from Score Power. The highlighted ones are duplicates. The circled one (xxx5224) was actually settled and paid off but it says "bad debt / collection" which confuses me but I suppose that's a separate issue entirely. 

Anyway if you can let me know if there's a way I can remove the duplicates, that would be great.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Student Loans Double-listed on CR

Based on what is posted, it looks OK. When a loan is consolidated/refi'd, the old will still report, but report at $0. If there were any lates while the loan was still open then it would still show for the 7 yrs from that late date. Over time the lates will age off and eventually the accounts will report positively assuming they aren't deleted before then. Try sending them a GW letter.

On the circled Citi, it is reporting OK. The status reflects a past status. If you had any lates showing at 90 or worse from that time then the status would still be a bad debt/collection even if settled after that status. I'd also send them a GW, but I would add in there a request to remove the "settled" comment too which likely would be showing. Settled accounts are scored on par as charged-off accounts.

Message 2 of 4
wkeber

Thanks for the reply! I will try the GW route to see if I can get any changes.

Message 3 of 4
elletrain
Established Member

wkweber- I would love the contact info for Ciitibank  to send a GW if you could PM me.  I have this same exact issue. Lates with Citibank, transferred to Sallie Mae, everything on time there and it has actually since been transferred somewhere else. I'm not having much luck finding contact info for Citibank anywhere though. thanks

Cap 1 $750- Cap 1 $500- Capital One Spark Business $750- Fingerhut $850- Walmart $700- Matrix $400- Victoria's Secret $250, LOFT $250, Express $250
EX-515 ( 1/14)
EQ- 546 (1/14)
TU- 591 ( 1/14)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.