Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans Rehabbed, Old Stuff Remains

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Student Loans Rehabbed, Old Stuff Remains

Hi everyone.  I know I have posted a lot on here but I am still kind of confused.  Completeted rehab in August and Loans were switched from Direct Loans to NelNet in September.  Now Nelnet is reporting on the loans and as I have learned my dirogatory stuff from my Direct Loans is still there.  There are about 8 different loans and they all state "10 late payments" which is killing my credit.  I wanna know if I can do anything about this-- if there is anyone I can contact.  I am having a hard time here any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dlee
Established Member

Re: Student Loans Rehabbed, Old Stuff Remains

If you would like to dispute your credit reporting from Nelnet, you can send in a copy of this portion of your credit report along with your dispute to the following fax number: 402.458.2298.

Message 2 of 6
twall06
Frequent Contributor

As long as they have taken the default status off they can still report they where late as long as they are reporting correctly . I would call them and see what can be done then try GWs.

Message 3 of 6
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Once your rehab is COMPLETE, they have to remove all indicators of the default. That means no wording like "Paid by insurance" or "Defaulted", etc.

However, unless you are one of the lucky few who get a break. those lates will remain until they age off your report. The GOOD thing is that you will end up with double the tradelines, essentially.

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 4 of 6
asgor
Valued Member

My last rehab payment was in July 2013 with Direct loans Picked up in August by Sallie Mae.  Sallie Mae reported my first payment in September and didn't delete my default status. So I call sallie Mae to get it corrected and they said they don't delete the late pays prior to entering rehab but will up date default status while I was in rehab. Well I get a notice my credit report has changed in Oct. and sallie mae deleted my default along with my entire pay history on all 5 of my SL's. So its only reporting since my first payment of September.  SO I have read on here that it was suppose to show my payments while in rehab as current once I finish the rehab. I disputed my credit report and they added one month of pay history now I can't dispute again. I called Sallie Mae and they said they will not report the 10 months of payments I made. I called DEPT of Ed they said talk to Sallie Mae, and I called Direct Loans they said talk to sallie mae. So am I imagining thay my payment status was suppose to change

Message 5 of 6
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Just as an update, I completed rehab and disputed all the direct loan stuff because it was listed as open and all three CRs deleted all 8 tradelines per report.  What I am left with is my new Nelnet loans being listed with perfect payment history and original age of the dept of ed loans ie 2008,2009 etc.  This has worked out perfectly for me

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.