Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans with Discover and NFCU?

tag
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Student Loans with Discover and NFCU?

My son is about to start his 3rd year of college.  He is a member of NFCU.  He recently got a mailer from Discover with an offer to apply for their Studen Loan.  Anyone familiar with Student loans thru Discover or NFCU.  He doesn't need big loans as he is entitled to VA education benefits, but would like just a little more to help with housing, etc.  The Discover mailer said you can include housing, etc., when applying for a Studen Loan. Anyone have experience with or know anyone with experience with either financial institute regarding Studen Loans?  He is new to credit and started out with a secured CC w NFCU, but they put his security deposit back in his savings account and unsecured his CC and gave him a CLI.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loans with Discover and NFCU?

I was recently approved by Discover student loans and the process was easy and painless.

I included tuition and room and board when I applied.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I helped my friend get a Student Loan through NFCU and the rate was by far the lowest out of any of the other lenders. I would check with them first, just FYI they do require proof of income.

Message 3 of 4
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing this, I was curious to know about NFCU, I have a CC with them now and was considering refinancing my student loan wtih them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.