Established Member
patsfan75

Student Loans

Back in 2003 I had just finished medical school and I was starting residency and with the transition of going from one part of life to another as well as moving I dropped the ball on deferring my student loans.  It was in March of 2003 and I lost track of things and I have a 90 day late mark against me.  I believe the SOL is 5 years for IL and 6 years for NY which would mean that they will stay on for another 6 months correct?  Also, is it even worth my time to send a Goodwill letter asking them to remove the mark.  I have since consolidated my loans so they are with another lender and have been since October of 2004.
Senior Contributor
Wonderin

Re: Student Loans

AFAIK, lates remain on your CR, regardless of state residency, for 7 years.

From what I've read here, paid collections remain on your CRs in NY for 5 years.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+