Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loans

About 5 years ago I defaulted on my students loans and given that there were multiple loans it gave me about 7 negative lines on my Credit report. Since that time I have consolidated all the loans and have been making paymets. My report shows the lines as paid but still in negative status which significantly has my FICO score in the crapper and has for YEARS. Is there a way to get the negative status off my credit report BEFORE 2012? I've written the bank and asked as during that time I was going through some tough medical issues. I've tried and try and then give up because it seems like there is no way I will be able to get my FICO score up. Does anyone know where I can even begin? Rehabilitation? Moving to another country?(jk) I would appreciate any feed back.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: Student Loans

your loan is not in default so you cant rehab.  Plus even rehab would not have resolved the banks reporting, only the guarantors tradeline.
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.