cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan after BK discharge! Please help?

tag
Poorboi
Contributor

Student loan after BK discharge! Please help?

My chpt 13 discharge was a month ago, now united student aid fund contacts me and says a CA will be calling me after this holiday  weekend to discuss my default loan.  I originally got the loan in 1999 . I now owe 6k? Any help or info? What's the best way to handle and through who. It's hurting my score bad showing current with 120 days late 4xs

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Student loan after BK discharge! Please help?

What steps have you taken so far?  Have you contacted either United or the collection agency?

Message 2 of 7
Poorboi
Contributor

Yes I contacted united student aid after sallie Mae told me its now out of their hands. Loan was being paid while in ch13 @ 10% of amount. On my credit reports it shows sallie Mae only. United rep only told me that someone from the CA will call me next week.

Message 3 of 7
Poorboi
Contributor

Now that i started a dispute it shows current and dropped my score over 100 points

Message 4 of 7
Poorboi
Contributor

United aid was included in my ch13 and was paid 10% but the rep told me that I still have to pay the full amount. Is this true and legit

Message 5 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

I don't know, but I'm going to ask one of the moderators to move this to the Bankruptcy forum for you.  People there will be more knowledgeable about how this should be handled.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.