cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan isnt on CR, just finished rehab..will it appear now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loan isnt on CR, just finished rehab..will it appear now?

I've been a lurker on the boards for the past few months and have a question I havent seen answered so far, so I hope someone can help me.

I have a student loan from way back that I defaulted on, i went through a very bad time in my life and only over the past year or so I've been trying to repair the damage I did. So I called up the the DoE and set up a payment arrangement with them and  they offered me the rehab program a couple months into it which I've just completed. My question is this though...my student loan is no longer on my CR because its so old. Now with the rehab and it going to a new loan, will that now show as a new loan on my CR?

I dont owe a lot (just over $2,000) and I'm confused on how this might affect my credit scores, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tburns
Regular Contributor

Re: Student loan isnt on CR, just finished rehab..will it appear now?

I'm actually in the same boat. I just completed my rehab last Friday and my Student loan hasn't been on my reports for awhile. I wish I someone else that's gone through this would let us know. I kinda hope the new loan is backdated to the original date, that would really help my score since my AAoA is so low.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student loan isnt on CR, just finished rehab..will it appear now?

bump....   anyone have any idea? I still havent heard from anyone about finishing rehab. I called and they told me its been picked up by ACS, and not to make a payment this month, but nothing else yet!

Any help is appreciated!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.