Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan rehabbed

tag
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Student loan rehabbed

So it has been a little over 1 month since I have completed a 10 month rehab with the Dept. of Education. My account was transferred to Navient and has been reporting as pays as agreed/good standing for 2 weeks. My only issue is that none of the old information on this tradeline has been change in anyway. I still have 2 old tradelines reporting on all 3 reports as collection or closed with balance and tons of lates. Should I dispute these myself or contact the Dept. of education and Navient? I was hoping to see a score improvement when I finished my rehab. So far my score remains right around 600! Any advice would be great

Last HP 03-24-2016 Gardening until I pre-qual for CSP or Venture

Starting Score: 485 06-20-14
Current Score: 685 04-03-16
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student loan rehabbed

The only required changes to old TLs is that the default status be removed and all negative information reported after the offical date of default be removed.  Lates prior to defaut CAN remain.  That being said, I would dispute the old TLs with the CRAs (based on a legitimate claim *wink wink*).  There's a chance the old TLs will be removed all together.  That's what happened to me.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on the same boat. Gonan start disputing first thing tomorrow morning. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im hoping my old TLs get removed after I complete my rehab at the end of the year as well. 2 through the Dept of Ed and 2 through a CA. I just finished rehabbing my Perkins loan and it was completely removed, giving me a 25 pt boost. Have a feeling itll be a battle with the dept of ed based on multiple transfers of the accounts over the years. Keep us posted!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.