cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan showing as negative indicator on credit but doesn't state why.

tag
s10sleeper

Student loan showing as negative indicator on credit but doesn't state why.

When I was going to college a few years back, I had to incur alot of debt in student loans as Vocational Rehabilitation was unwilling to pay the full amount per credit hour.  I consolidated all of my loans about a year ago, and all of my Sallie Mae loans show as paid as agreed, and my private loan has been kept current.  I found on my credit report 3 loans from AES/FCDBTR that have a $0.00 balance, shows no delinquency and under the status it says "Contact Member for Status"  I have no idea why this is, as  I do not recall going past due with any of my loans and have never seen that status on my credit reports before as I pull them at least once a year.  Does anyone have any idea what this may mean?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: Student loan showing as negative indicator on credit but doesn't state why.

I dont, but nothing you're describing would indicate this is a negative on your credit report. Why do you think this is a negative?

Message 2 of 3
s10sleeper

Re: Student loan showing as negative indicator on credit but doesn't state why.

The reason for thinking it is a negative on my FICO is that on my Equifax report it has a flag saying negative indicator.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.