s10sleeper

Student loan showing as negative indicator on credit but doesn't state why.

When I was going to college a few years back, I had to incur alot of debt in student loans as Vocational Rehabilitation was unwilling to pay the full amount per credit hour.  I consolidated all of my loans about a year ago, and all of my Sallie Mae loans show as paid as agreed, and my private loan has been kept current.  I found on my credit report 3 loans from AES/FCDBTR that have a $0.00 balance, shows no delinquency and under the status it says "Contact Member for Status"  I have no idea why this is, as  I do not recall going past due with any of my loans and have never seen that status on my credit reports before as I pull them at least once a year.  Does anyone have any idea what this may mean?

Established Contributor
InvincibleSummer3

Re: Student loan showing as negative indicator on credit but doesn't state why.

I dont, but nothing you're describing would indicate this is a negative on your credit report. Why do you think this is a negative?

s10sleeper

Re: Student loan showing as negative indicator on credit but doesn't state why.

The reason for thinking it is a negative on my FICO is that on my Equifax report it has a flag saying negative indicator.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+