Established Member
homer718

Student loans and AAOA

Hi guys, I have a student loan that was paid off on time with no missed payments. Closed in 2004. I think it does my credit report good by it being on there. Will it be removed eventually and affect my average age of accounts equation? It now says my average age of accounts is 7 yrs 8 months. My credit history is slim. I only within the past few weeks opened a few credit card accounts. Will it stay on my report and help my score or will it eventually disappear?

THanks

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Re: Student loans and AAOA

All good accounts eventually disappear.  In theory, accounts closed in good standing stay on your reports for about 10 years.  Sometimes a little longer, sometimes a little shorter.  When it does drop, yes, it will affect your average age of accounts.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+